Category: Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Kidney Failure:
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. But in end stage or so, fluid intake has to be limited to avoid extra burden on kidneys. Water has unique dissolving properties that dilute the urine, and this dilution prevents the formation of clusters of minerals and salts (stones) in the body.
- Eat less non-vegetarian food. Non-vegetarian food has a high amount of animal protein, which can increase the formation of kidney stones in the body and puts pressure on organs. It has been found that people who eat vegetarian foods are less prone to the risk of kidney failure than ones who eat non-vegetarian food. So, encourage consumption of vegetarian diet.
- Prefer herbal tea. Nettle leaf tea is the best for kidney patients. Tea prepared of coriander, thyme and fennel seeds is the best home remedy for nausea and vomiting, which is a very common complication in kidney failure.
- Boiled diet is highly recommended, or make use of olive oil in cooking.
- Eat less at a time and avoid taking 2 to 3 heavy meals in a day.
- One can have cauliflower, ash gourd, radish, bottle gourd, bell peppers, apples, papaya, pears, etc.
- Limit the intake of dried beans, mushroom, potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, apricots, etc.
- Limit the intake of all dairy products.
- Avoid or limit the intake of protein and potassium-rich fruits and other foods,so exclude all citrus fruits.
- Coconut water and aloe vera are good to have to detoxify the body.
- Basil or Tulsi is good to have to enhance immune system. Chew fresh leaves of basil every morning on an empty stomach.
- Say no to smoking. Smoking harms and damages kidneys. So for good health of kidneys, one should quit smoking and chewing tobacco.